Dubler for Education
Revolutionise music education with Dubler 2
What is the one instrument everyone has practised since birth? The voice.
Dubler 2 converts the pitch, rhythm and timbre of your voice into a live controller for software instruments. Empower expression, inspire creativity and bring music theory to life with Dubler 2.
Get Dubler 2 licences, support and ready-to-use resources for your organisation - and bring cutting-edge voice to MIDI technology to the classroom.
What is Dubler 2?
Dubler 2 is a software application that uses machine learning to transform vocal input into MIDI data in real time. It allows students to compose music simply by singing, humming or beatboxing into a microphone.
Whether you're teaching theory and composition, or just looking for a fun and engaging way to get your students excited about music, Dubler 2 provides an intuitive way for students of all skill levels to express their musical ideas and learn.
What isn't Dubler 2?
Dubler 2 is not a compositional AI. We believe in empowering creativity not replacing it.
What's on offer?
Get free Dubler 2 licences for organisations with young learners, plus video chat support with Dubler experts to get started with the software. We also offer significant discounts on our custom Dubler 2 mic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To use Dubler 2 you must have access to a computer, Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and a dynamic microphone. You can see the full minimum system requirements for Dubler 2 here, we also offer significant discounts on our custom USB mic if your organisation does not have access to dynamic microphones.
Once you've submitted your interest in our education programme you'll be added to our educators mailing list and will be notified as soon as our full programme is launched. We're currently working hard to develop tailored resources and tools for educators, and you'll be the first to know when we go live!
Free Dubler 2 licences are available for organisations with students primarily under the age of 18. Colleges and universities providing further or higher education courses, or private institutions providing professional production courses, can apply for a quote to receive discounted group licences. Use the same application form above to receive a custom quote for your institution.
- Pitch tracking - Dubler's AI-powered technology tracks the pitch of your voice and translates it into MIDI notation in real time.
- Percussive recognition - Train Dubler to trigger samples or drum racks, based on your own percussive input sounds.
- Autokey detection - Dubler 2's auto key detection can automatically detect the key you're singing and lock you to that key dynamically.
- Chord generation - Generate chords based on the root note and key you're in. Create custom chord progressions or use presets, and see which notes make up the chords you're outputting.
- Control effects and parameters - Use vowel sounds and the tonal qualities of your voice to control effects and parameters in your DAW through CC values.
- Educational Interface - Dubler has a number of features to help students develop their musical understanding. The pitch wheel tracks input pitch against output note, the piano roll illustrates how this maps to traditional instrumentation and the chord tab displays chord structures and mapping.